The digital event of the summer is upon us. With Marvel comics brining the The Amazing Spider-Man to the world of digital distrubiton just in time for Peter Parker’s biggest adventure yet. SPIDER-ISAND! What happens when everyone in New York City gets spider-powers? You’ll have to pick ASM #666 and #667 this week to find out, good ol’ webhead may just be in for the fight of his life and all the action is unfolding with Same day Digital releases in the Marvel and comics apps.
In honor of Spider-Island cacthing the whole Marvel Universe in it’s web this week. we’re taking a look at the top five people in our universe we’d love to see get bitten by a radioactive spider or a genetically altered bed bug. Check out the list below then tell us who you would most like to see on Spider-Island!
5. Bono- After swinging in to rescue Spider-Man Turn off the dark, Irish rocker Bono may very well be infected with the spider virus already. Could this icon of rock become an iconic superhero? we think so. Sure sunglasses and a cowboy don’t mean much when it comes to costuming but if there one’s guy out there whose been proven to have spidey’s back it’s him.
4. Donald Glover- We don’t want to spark up an old debate but lets be honest Mr. Glover has proven himself a fan time and time again. Would playing spidey on the big screen be cool? Yes! would actually having spidey powers in real life be cooler? you better believe. Glover took full responsibly for his action over last years controversy so why not give him a shot at the power? We all know he’s already got the pajamas.
3. Lady Gaga- As pop stars go Lady Gaga is already a hero, but if anyone can sport spidey duds in this universe it’s her. Lady Gaga has dazzled the world with her music and individuality. Her outfits always seem to take everyone by surprise and anxious to know what she’ll pull off next. With all that creativity she has, its not hard to imagine what she’d do with spider powers. She’s already a real life Dazzler so why not let her have a go at wall crawling (She hasn’t done that in a video yet has she?)The Haus of Gaga would reach a whole new level of “cool” with her fans. She’s one girl certainly on the edge of glory, just give her the web slingers and let her swing.
2. The Mets- Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider just seconds before it died. Fate or coincidence, this second in time turned Peter Parker’s boring life into a thrilling death defying adventure. What would happen if fellow underdogs of society suddenly gained this same power? Having only ever won two world series, is the a team more deserving? The Mets would be able to throw no-hitters and sense anyone trying to steal their bases. They could catch any ball, no matter how high in the outfield with their enhanced agility and dodge anyone who tried to tap them out. With “spidey-senses” and web slinging action added to their determination, they can easily win any match and leave their opponents crying in their dust.
1. Dan Slott- Where would our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man be without comic mastermind Dan Slott? probably still stuck in a Brand New Day. Since beginning his run late last year Dan Slott had brought Peter Parker straight into the Big Time. The past few arcs have been heart wrenching, jaw dropping, and down right fun to read. Proving that Slott already has a set of Spider-powers of his own and while J. J. Jameson may be the Major of Manhattan, it’s pretty clear that Dan Slott is King of Spider-Island!
Think someone else worthy of a spider-sense? Let us know! Drop a comment in the comments section, hit us up on twitter or even give us a like on Facebook. Be sure to check out just who does get spider-island in this weeks issue of Amazing Spider-Man, it’ll be available on the Marvel iOS app the same day it’s available in stores and don’t forget to swing by the blog for more Spider-Island info as all the action unfolds.
No Comments »