At long the last the time has come! Th DC Universe is about to relaunch with 52 Brand new titles that offer fans the perfect jumping on point while continuing the long standing tradition of masterful storytelling DC Comics has been known for. This week Jim Lee and Geoff Johns All-New Justice League #1 goes digital on the same day it hits stores in print, but before DC’s New Digital Age can really begin there are a few things you should know:
- The Same Day as Print Digital Books from DC will be released at 2pm EST each week. This is to allow retail shops around the country to open their doors and provide print comics to their costumers.
- The New 52 afternoon releases will follow after comiXology’s standard weekly Digital Comic releases.
- Digital Comic Vouchers included in the JLA #1 combo pack can be redeemed when the issue goes live tomorrow afternoon.
- Upon the first 4 weeks of release a $2.99 print comic will be a $2.99 digital comic. After 4 weeks, the digital price will drop to $1.99. Same goes for DC Comics priced at $3.99 which will see the price drop to $2.99.
- DC solicited the Flashpoint books as coming out in digital one month after print, so, we apologize, but those books will only be available at local brick and mortar stores until a month after release.
There you have it, hopefully the above list sheds some light on what to expect as we usher in an exciting new era for DC Comics. The New 52 has some of the top creators around attached to some of the most exciting new comics of the year, and comiXology is proud to be the exclusive provider of all your favorite digital comics as this bold new time for digital distribution begins.
Tagged: JLA #1
17 Comments »