It is once again that time of year. Naturally the interwebs are exploding with holiday how to’s and perfect gift guides for the Geek/Golfer/Cook/Dark Overlord in your life that you just can’t seem to find the right present for. Sure Batman Beyond: The Complete Series may make for a cool gift and lets not forget the hundreds of collectable statues and busts available from fine retailers everywhere. However on the off chance you may still be looking for just the right gift for the comic fan in your life we present the 2010 comiXology holiday gift guide.
1. Vaporal Sword: No mythical arms collection is complete without this stunning piece from the Fable Homelands, one of the only known artifacts to survive the clutches of the adversary The Vaporal Sword is not only great for the beheading Jaberwookies but also for carving up the roast beast or taking care of those pesky in-laws once and for all. Snicker Snack! See The Vaporal Sword in Action in Fables #36 part one of ‘The Homelands” available for download this week!
2. Hornet Darts: Fancy a game to test your marksmanship. Hornet Darts combine the fun of regular darts with the lethal force of ninja star. Great for target practice or as a hair accessory for the ladies. Just ask Kato from The Green Hornet. What?! Kato isn’t female you say. Check out Kevin Smith’s all-new version of the classic characters before they hit the big screen next year with Dynamite’s adaption of his unproduced screen play.
3. The Bottle of Awesome: It contains ancient and wicked powers only the gods can wield. It grants supernatural abilities, makes a person better at video games and generally just plain awesome (it says so in the title). Why not chase down all that egg nog with a extra shot of Awesome from this Zuda’s one and only Bottle of Awesome.
4. Spider-Buggy: A Sweet Ride seems almost essential for any Super-Hero. Unless of course you can fly or swing from skyscraper to skyscraper using homemade web-fluid. Despite being able to do whatever a spider can Spider-Man has also dabbled in the realm of ultra-cool rides with his very own SpiderMobile (Read: Dune Buggy that can drive up a wall). Sure it may not be able to fly or transverse alternate dimensions however it was good enough for Old Man Logan and at least you won’t need wrapping paper.
5. Mr. Stuffins: Sure to rate high this year with children of all ages. Mr. Stuffins is lovable, cuddly, and a trained government agent capable of throwing down with some of the baddest Robots around. He’ll learn and grow with your child while at the same time protecting your household making Mr. Stuffins a true hero for the holidays. Check out all the action in Eureka Creator Andrew Cosby’s limited series from Boom Studios.
6. The Toys from Stuff of Legend: A loyal toy solider, a warrior jester, a beautiful angel and a gold hearted goose make up a simple band of adventurers on a quest to save their beloved human boy from the dark forces of the boogeyman. Things are not what they seem in the realm of The Dark, friends will become enemies and toys will become heros. Set among the backdrop of World War II this is one series that proves they just don’t make action figures like they used to. Add Stuff of Legend to your wish list this season and make your holiday all the more legendary.
7. Box Number 13: Why go through all the trouble of finding a gift when sometimes just the package will do. What Mysteries lie within the confines of Box Number 13? Find out comiXology’s very own Box 13 and it’s follow up Box 13: The Pandora Process after all the best gifts are FREE.
8. The Glacier Stone: One of thirteen mysterious Artifacts in the new Top Cow series that brings together the most powerful relics from arcoss the spectrum, The Witchblade, The Spear of Destiny and even The Darkness are counted among it’s ranks. What’s so cool about the Glacier stone though? It turns it’s bearer into a giant ice monster! Why not have the coolest snowman on the block this year? and why not take a look at Ron Marz’s Artifacts while the neighborhood kids flee in terror.
These hot items are sure to go fast so keep an eye out and be careful. Of course you could just play it safe and spend the holidays reading comics on comiXology, now there’s a gift that keeps on giving. Then again one can never have to many Busts. Happy Holidays!
Tagged: Box 13 · Box 13 Pandora Process · Fable #36 · Mr. Stuffins · The Green Hornet · Vaprol Sword
1 Comment »